Monday, February 1, 2010

mr. spaceman/medusa



There are better versions (audio quality) of this song on YouTube, but I dig the psychedelia/saucer theme of this one. Plus, it comes from the Smothers Brothers, which was a formative part of my youth.

Also formative was this scene from Clash of the Titans (1981), which I didn't realize I had ever seen until last night:



I was watching it in anticipation of the remake coming out and all of a sudden figured out that this was the movie with the crazy-creepy-Medusa-head-chopping-mirror-shield images that'd been burned into my brain at such a young age. Funny, the rest of the movie didn't trigger my memory at all, though I did have a feeling that it might be the one with this Medusa scene--and as soon as the three old blind witches mentioned her name, I knew I'd be seeing it momentarily.

1 comment:

Mike Clelland! said...

Wait - Should I worry about watching this?

Wisely, I used a mirror, so I didn't look directly at the little YOUTuBE window on my computer.